Manager - Supply Chain
Telford Telford Unit E, Hortonwood 31 TF1 7GS 52.713852 -2.489585
Telford - Commercial
Competitive Salary and Package
At IPL our role is to improve the shopping experience of the Asda customer by driving great value, quality and availability of our products to ensure that we are Asda’s lowest cost, and sustainable supply chain partner. Our sustainable sourcing model supports Asda’s mission to help their customers to save money and live better lives. We are one of the largest privately-owned food processing businesses in the UK and we have thousands of colleagues based across multiple sites.
About the site
Telford is our nuts and dried fruit facility based in Shropshire, producing a range of snacks and cereals for Asda stores. There are a number of support roles on site with the majority of colleagues working within our operation.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to join our Dried Fruits and Nuts category based at our Telford Site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the end-to-end supply chain from origin to ASDA, specific accountability for managing 3rd party storage and logistics, and production planning. Working closely with the wider BU to ensure an excellent service is delivered to our key stakeholders and in turn, the Asda customer.
The ideal candidate for this Supply Chain Manager role will be a highly innovative leader with proven ability to coach and develop teams through periods of substantial growth with proven experience within a supply Chain management role within the food industry.
- Management of the end-to-end supply chain from origin to ASDA, specific accountability for managing 3rd party storage and logistics, and production planning.
- Deliver inbound service to ASDA in excess of 98.5%
- Ownership and management of annual inventory budget process
- Deliver inventory metrics in line with monthly and annual targets
- Ensure robust packing forecasts are in place for both the buying teams, suppliers, 3rd party providers and the manufacturing site to support with delivering the business plan, and ensuring we operate an EDLC culture by being efficient and effective.
- Provide clear raw material requirements to the buying team to ensure raw materials contracts are in place and aligned with forecasts
- Accountable for managing new product launches and ensuring all product launches happen to agreed schedule, informing on the required timescales from concept to launch
- Ensure 100% stock management across all DP’s (distribution points), with processes in place to monitor, assess and address any potential risks early to minimise waste and write-off.
- Support the Supply Chain Team to ensure accurate information within the ERP & MRP systems (forecasts, orders, BOMs)
- Leadership, development and performance management of the Supply Chain Team
- Track supply chain performance to drive change and efficiencies
- Having a growth mindset to challenge the status quo within the team and across the BU
- Management of 3PL providers ensuring annual contracts are negotiated and rate cards agreed in conjunction with the BU Director.
- Regular performance reviews with 3PL providers to ensure targets and SLA’s are being met.
- Build a rapport and have a relationship with 3PL providers.
- Build a rapport and have a relationship with Asda Supply & Retail Teams (Impulse, Core Grocery and Produce) ensuring collaborative planning
- Own relationship with ASDA Imports team, providing regular container forecasts and liaising on shipping contracts
- Own relationship and work closely with ALS re 3PL providers, backhaul and opportunities to drive changes that would improve service to Asda.
- Active member of the Telford SLT to drive optimisation and innovation initiatives, and regular updates to the SLT and BU director re. performance.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive supply chain experience within Retail and / or FMCG
- Strategic sourcing and senior level contract negotiations
- Continuous improvement champion and management of growth
- Evidence of managing inventory & waste levels
- Leadership and people management experience
- Delivery of major projects
- Commercial awareness and acumen
- Strong analytical skills and experience using MRP systems like prophet, D365 and standard packages such as Microsoft.
- Management of 3rd party logistics and storage providers.
- Great attention to detail and clarity of thinking
- Strong planning, prioritising and organisational skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure
- Ability to build strong working relationships and great team player
- Influencer – upwards, cascade, internal and external
- Experience of managing people and a team of more than 5 colleagues
- Performance management experience
- Strong leadership skills to motivate the team and an excellent communicator at all levels (internal and external)
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with Asda or other major retail, or FMCG.
- Grocery/ Food experience
- Implementation of supply chain strategies
- Annual budgeting experience
- Expert knowledge of replenishment systems such as Prophet, D365, etc
- Merchandising and commercial understanding
Whats in it for you?
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great place to work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our Values – Supportive, Trailblazing, Engaging and Principled. In return we will offer you development, a competitive salary and benefits package inclusive of the below:
- 33 days paid annual leave
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- 10% Asda Discount – after 3 month service (terms and conditions apply)
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- Health and wellbeing assistance programme
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Car allowance
Telford - Commercial
Competitive Salary and Package