Operations Management Accountant
March March 366 Wisbech Road PE15 0BA 53.135044 -1.22594
Westry - Finance
Competitive Salary and Package
At IPL our role is very clear. We are here to improve the value, quality and availability of our products whilst also lowering the cost of goods to Asda and Walmart so they can pass on these savings to customers around the world. Our mission of creating a unique supply base capability enables us to support Asda and Walmart's Mission to ‘Save Money Live Better’. We are the 2nd largest privately owned food processing business in the UK. With over 2000 colleagues we are currently spread over twelve UK sites and several country offices that span five of the seven continents. But we don't plan to stop there. As our journey progresses we look to continue evolving and growing by seeking new business opportunities and utilising our expertise to save Asda and Walmart customers money every day.
About the site
Westry is our Cambridgeshire based potato and onion packing facility.
There are a number of support roles on site with the majority of colleagues working within our operation.
About the role
We have an exciting vacancy for Specialist – Operations Management Accountant to join our finance team within the Potatoes department. In this position you will act at as a Finance Business Partner to the site People Manager and wider team. You will assist the senior team to understand the commercial and operational performance of the site, whilst highlighting opportunities for areas of improvement, and maintaining strong financial control.
Responsibilities will include
- Production of timely and accurate weekly and monthly accounts and financial analysis, including commentary (for Ops & Commercial).
- Assisting in preparation of the monthly forecast, annual plan and 3 year planning exercises for the site.
- Completing regular financial analysis for both labour and yield to enable the operational teams to be proactive in mitigating financial losses.
- Ensuring strong financial controls exist around all aspects of the business unit, including stock management and allocation, self-billing of invoices, and 3rd party stock management.
- Identifying any capex opportunities including calculation/verification of any associated benefits and the payback period. To control spend throughout the capex spend and assist with post investment reviews.
- Controlling and challenging operational overhead spend to identify opportunities for savings and mitigation to prevent overspend.
- To deliver financial training to non-finance stakeholders within the business unit team to ensure the teams are clear and accountable on their roles in the finance process, from correctly using purchase orders, to accurately inputting data into Anaplan.
- Continuous improvement – To drive sustainability of existing savings and provide the financials where required to identify new opportunities in the future. Verify any site specific savings.
- Support of Stock Management- Packaging & Raw Material.
- Completing ad hoc raw material and packaging stock audits across all sites and ensure any obsolete stock is written off the system.
- Challenging track requests for all sites to ensure packing costs are kept both realistic for the operational teams and lowest possible cost for the commercial teams.
- Completing monthly accruals to ensure costs are reflected in the correct month within the accounts.
This is a Fixed Term Contract of 12 months.
The hours are 8:30am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.
Skills and Experience required
- Business partnering experience.
- Strong analytical mind set and variance analysis skills.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Good stakeholder management with strong communication skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Operational knowledge desirable.
- Fresh Produce / manufacturing experience desirable.
- Prophet / D365 / Anaplan skills desirable.
- CIMA (or equivalent) Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant
Whats in it for you?
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great place to work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our Values – Supportive, Trailblazing, Engaging and Principled.
In return we will offer you development, a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of:
- 33 days paid annual leave
- Colleague annual bonus scheme
- Private health care cover - Singular
- 10% Asda Discount Card
- Enhanced Pension scheme – you pay less as we contribute more
- Entitled to Life Cover which is 4X your annual salary
- Health & Wellbeing program
Westry - Finance
Competitive Salary and Package