Line Leader - Days & Nights
Normanton Normanton Unit 1Foxbridge Way WF6 1TH 53.705563 -1.389669
Normanton - Operations
£10.97 per hour
At IPL our role is to improve the shopping experience of the Asda customer by driving great value, quality and availability of our products to ensure that we are Asda’s lowest cost, and sustainable supply chain partner. Our sustainable sourcing model supports Asda’s mission to help their customers to save money and live better lives.
We are one of the largest privately-owned food processing businesses in the UK and we have thousands of colleagues based across multiple sites.
About the site
Normanton is home to our head office and is also the largest of our operational sites where we pack fresh fruit, salad and vegetables.
Several of our support functions are based here as well as the majority of our Commercial and Buying teams. Our pack house is in operation 24 hours a day and 364 days a year, employing over 700 colleagues. We offer a broad range of roles based at site from Production Operatives to Technical Managers, Business Unit Administrators to IT Specialists.
About the Role
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Line Leader to join the IPL team based at our site in Normanton, West Yorkshire. Working as part of the Operations team you will play a key role in supporting the unit to ensure that Asda receive high quality products in the most efficient manner.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading, motivating and organising an individual production line to ensure daily production targets (efficiency & yield) are achieved and customer orders are fully satisfied to the highest quality standards
- Ensuring adherence to both IPL’s policy and all laws and regulations pertaining to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Maintaining audit ready Food Safety & Quality Management System due diligence records
- Promoting a Health & Safety, quality focused and driven culture and to monitor your work area to ensure the workplace is safe and a ‘clean as you go’ policy is maintained at all the times
- Ensuring all daily checks and documentation are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Including line safe start up checks, handover, H&S and Fire Register
- Providing communication to all concerned as required, making sure detailed handovers are provided
- Liaising with the packaging team to ensure that all labels and packaging are on the line and ready to use in good time before job is ready, avoiding downtime and loss in productivity due to incorrect labels or packaging issues
- Deputising for the Shift Operation Leader when needed
Please note that the shift for this role is working a 4 on 4 off days and nights rota – 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am
Skills and Experience Required
- FMCG / Production / Retail experience as a Team Leader/Senior Operative or within a similar role
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification (IOSH)
- Food Hygiene Level 1
- Ability to lead and coach colleagues skilled and unskilled
- Experience of working to targets and ensuring your team meet targets
- Ability to work in an accurate and methodical manner
- Experience of using MS office or in house systems
- Able to develop good working relationships with a variety of colleagues both internally and externally
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
What's in it for you?
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great place to work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our Values – Supportive, Trailblazing, Engaging and Principled.
In return you will become a valued part of our team on a permanent basis and we will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of:
20 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
Monthly Bonus Scheme
Enhanced Pension Scheme
10% Asda Discount (terms and conditions apply)
Life assurance (4x base salary)
Health and wellbeing assistance programme
Normanton - Operations
£10.97 per hour